Job Description The Director of Marketing and Branding will assist the Vice President of Marketing with building and implementing a comprehensive marketing strategy for the organization. S/he will guide the strategy and execution of all internal/external marketing, communications and social media presence to consistently promote the organization’s mission, as well as drive broader awareness and donor support. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and enthusiastic marketing professional who thrives in a fast-paced educational environment surrounded by equally dynamic colleagues.
Required Job Qualifications
- Work with Vice President to develop and implement an integrated marketing and communications plan to advance the organizations brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences, such as donors, students and faculty/administrators. Ensure that plan’s objectives are met and direct staff resources as necessary.
- Manages effort to develop and implement marketing /communications plans and objectives for several areas of the organization, including: programming areas, campus communication efforts, and overall organizational branding and messaging, with the goal of targeting key constituencies and increasing exposure.
- Responsible for shaping and implementing an integrated social media communications strategy, including strategies for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogging, email, e-newsletters, and other communications activities.
- Identify and implement new awareness initiatives, work with established and new vendors and partners to increase brand awareness.
- Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in marketing with demonstrated success, preferably in the education not-for-profit or association sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities.
- Results-oriented, strategic, detail-oriented, highly organized, and excellent follow through. Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with competing strict deadlines.
- Creative and meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong social media skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multiple constituencies.
- Proficient with databases, word processing programs, spreadsheets, and on-line communications.
- Team player capable of working both collaboratively and independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Employee Type: Full Time
Pay: $75,000 - $80,000 (based on experience)
Start Date: Immediately
Benefits: Health, Dental, FSA, 403(b), Bonus Potential
Manages Others: Yes
Reports To: Vice President of Marketing